photo morning.png photo noon.png photo night.png photo in-betweem.png photo treats.png photo other-twists.png

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ahi Tuna Poke

I know Hawaii is home of poke, but I have to say that Newport Beach is a close second. There's a spot called Bear Flag Fish Company that has made me fallen in love with poke. Seriously though, I constantly crave the stuff. I'm pretty sure I've had poke for the past six consecutive days and may be close to mercury poisoning. Anyways - since I moved to San Francisco and away from Bear Flag, I decided to make my own. Not to toot my own horn, but it's pretty delicious. It's a lot different than any other poke I've ever had - the soy sauce gives it a sort of "earthy" taste yet still let's you enjoy the ahi tuna. Next time you want to be adventurous and make a non-cook delicacy - make sure to try this recipe out!







Ahi Tuna Poke
Prep Time: 10 Minutes / Idle Time: 2 Hours / Serving Size: 4

Ingredients:

  • 1 Lb. Fresh Ahi Tuna
  • 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
  • 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 3/4 Tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
  • 2 Stalks of Green Onion
  • Juice of 1/2 Lime
  • 1 Tsp Black Sesame Seeds
  • 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
Directions:
Cut the Ahi across the grain into cubes. Place into bowl (make sure bowl has a lid). 


In a measuring cup, pour in the soy sauce.

Add the sesame oil, toasted sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and lime juice to the soy sauce.




Thinly slice the green onion.


Place the green onions in the bowl with the tuna. Pour in the sauce.

Add in sesame seeds.


Stir altogether with a spoon. Cover with lid and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

After the 2 hours have passed, take out, plate and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k