photo morning.png photo noon.png photo night.png photo in-betweem.png photo treats.png photo other-twists.png

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Chia Seed and Agave Granola

I've recently discovered Chia seeds. And I've recently fell in love with Chia seeds. They are kind of a super food which fills you up with protein and fiber and can even curb hunger(!). I've been adding them to a lot of different things lately and also eating them by themselves. As I was thinking of other great ways to incorporate this wonderous seed, I thought of a granola. As I was researching different kind of granola recipes, I was noticing a lot of them use sugar and other things that aren't really in tandem when I think of granola (aka healthy). So, doing what I do best, I made up my own recipe for a healthy granola using not only Chia seeds, but agave, coconut oil and flax seeds! Check it out below and let me know what you think!





Chia Seed and Agave Granola
Time: 35 Minutes / Makes: 4 Medium-Sized Mason Jars

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Cups Rolled Oats
  • 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
  • 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
  • 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
  • 2 Tbsp Flax Seed
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Shavings
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a small sauce pan, heat the agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla over low heat, just until the coconut oil has fully melted (make sure not to bring to a boil). 



In a large mixing bowl, mix in the rolled oats, almonds, chia seeds, cranberries, flax seed and coconut.






Pour in the agave mixture and mix with a rubber spatula. 

Pour the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread into a single layer.


Bake for 25 minutes, mixing 1-2 times. 

Once done, take out and let cool completely. 

Place in mason jars! This can be a perfect and easy gift too, hope you all enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. This is really healthy! I'll try making it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k