photo morning.png photo noon.png photo night.png photo in-betweem.png photo treats.png photo other-twists.png

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Baked Bacon and Avocado Egg Rolls

Baked Bacon and Avocado Egg Rolls. The name in itself makes my mouth water. I've always been a huge egg roll fan, but anything fried kind of scares me. I just imagine myself getting burned from all the flying oil coming out of the pan and me giving up. So, you know what they say, "Those who can't fry - bake." Oh they don't say that? Well, I do. Not only is baking (in my opinion) easier, but healthier. Win-Win according to me. Anyways, I've come to a realization that appetizers may be my favorite things to showcase. So I present you yet another delicious appetizer that will be a hit with everyone (especially those bacon lovers!)!





Baked Bacon and Avocado Egg Rolls
Prep Time: 30 Minutes / Bake Time: 12-15 Minutes / Serving Size: 14

Ingredients:

  • 1 Lb. Bacon, Cooked Extra Crispy
  • 2 Avocados
  • 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese
  • 1 Lb. Egg Roll Wrappers
  • Salt
  • Cooking Spray
  • 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
  • 2 Tbsp Siracha
Directions:
Cook the bacon until extra crispy in a large non-stick pan, approximately 8-12 minutes per batch.

Once done, place on a paper-lined plate.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.

Half the avocados and remove the skin. Slice thinly with a sharp knife. Set aside.

Shred the cheese and set aside.

Take an egg roll wrapper and set on cutting board like a diamond. Place the cheese then avocado and 1 piece of bacon (snap in half) in the middle of the wrapper.

Fold the bottom around the filling.

Fold in the sides.


Roll towards the other end and set the egg roll on the baking sheet with the flap on the bottom.


Spray the top of the egg rolls with the cooking spray.

Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

While the egg rolls bake in the oven, start on the dip. Place the ranch dressing in a bowl and add siracha. Stir altogether. Place in serving dish.


Once the egg rolls are done, take out and let cool for 2-4 minutes.

Once cool, cut the egg rolls on a diagonal. 



Once all cut place on a serving dish and voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k