photo morning.png photo noon.png photo night.png photo in-betweem.png photo treats.png photo other-twists.png

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Everything Chopped Salad

Hello, world! I know you're all probably sick of me apologizing for not posting for awhile, but I swear, this is my last apology. Life has finally tamed down a bit, and my routine is set. That means more recipes for you.

This recipe is something that reminds me of home. Every time I make it down to Newport Beach, my dad and I head to a place called Gulfstream. It's a top five for me. What I usually order is the Crispy Chicken Sandwich, but due to my Lent constraints (no bread-based carbs), I recently had to order the Chopped Salad. I always forget how delicious this salad really is. It's complex in flavor because there are so many components that go into it. So, I like to call it the Everything Salad. It's not an exact replicate (as always, I added my lil' twist), but the flavors will make your taste-buds dance and put a smile on your face. If you're a carbavor, add fresh made chunky croutons to make it even better.



The Everything Chopped Salad
Time: 30 Minutes / Serving Size: 4-6

Ingredients:
  • 1 Bag of Butter Lettuce and Radicchio
  • 2 Stalks of Green Onion
  • 1/4 Cup of Cilantro
  • 2 Radishes
  • 1/2 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 Avocado
  • 1 Piece of Sweet Corn (fresh and microwave ready)
  • 1/4 Cup English Peas (fresh and microwave ready)
  • 1/2 Cup Red Grapes
  • 1/4-1/2 Cup of Macadamia Nuts
  • 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
  • 1-2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts
  • 2-4 Tbsp Champagne Pear Vinaigrette
  • Salt and Pepper
Directions:

Heat up the sweet corn and peas according to the directions on the bag and let cool.

Pour the bag of lettuce into a large bowl.
  
Chop the green onions and add to bowl.

Roughly chop the cilantro and add to the bowl.

Thinly (and carefully!) slice the radishes and add to bowl.

Half the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl.

Carefully peel and uncore the avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut in big chunks and add to bowl.

Cut the kernels off the corn and add to bowl.

Add the cool peas to the bowl.

Half the red grapes and add to the bowl.

Take off the egg shells and roughly chop the hard boiled eggs. Add to bowl.


Roughly chop the chicken breast(2) and add to bowl.



Add in the macadamia nuts to the bowl.

Drizzle in the champagne vinaigrette and mix.

Mix it all together and serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k