photo morning.png photo noon.png photo night.png photo in-betweem.png photo treats.png photo other-twists.png

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Shrimp + Avocado {Smash} Bruschetta

I know, I know, it's been forever since I have posted something. A lot has been happening in the past two weeks. I actually have a real room in San Francisco. It took a little bit longer, but it was well worth the wait(!!). I'm officially a San Francisco resident now. I've only been waiting to say that for 3 1/2 years...nbd.

Now that I'm settled in I can start churnin' out recipes like the good ol' days. I decided to make a Shrimp + Avocado {Smash} Bruschetta for my first post in the new place. I've been craving seafood like a crazy person lately and I decided to be a little bit more friendly to my wallet (SF is an extremely expensive city...) so I chose affordable and fast shrimp. What I love about this recipe is that it can either be an appetizer or a meal depending on what size baguette you choose. It's full of flavor and still gives a nod of the fast ending summer. Hope you all enjoy!





Shrimp + Avocado {Smash} Bruschetta
Time: 30 Minutes / Serving Size: 8-12

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 3 Garlic Cloves
  • 3/4 Lb. Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined 
  • Zest of 1 Lime
  • Juice of 1/2 Lime
  • 3 Large Avocados
  • 1/4 Cup Cilantro
  • 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced Small
  • 1/4 Red Onion
  • 1 Tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
  • 1 Baguette
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
Directions:
Crush the garlic with the side of your knife and put in a container or mason jar.

Pour in 1/2 cup of the extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Put on lid and place in fridge until needed later.

Place the shrimp with the tail on in a bowl. Zest the lime into the bowl.

Pour in the remaining extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Cover and place in fridge.

Half and pit the avocado. Make small dices while in the skin and scoop out with spoon into a bowl.


Squeeze the lime over the avocado and mix.

Dice the red onions small. Roughly chop the cilantro and add to bowl. Add 1 Tsp. salt and 1/2 Tsp. pepper. "Smash" with fork.




Dice the tomatoes small and add to bowl. Carefully mix in the tomatoes.

Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the pan with olive oil. Take shrimp out of the fridge and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.

Slice the baguette (I used a large sourdough baguette aka meal size not appetizer) in 1/2 inch slices. Take the garlic olive oil out of the fridge and brush on both sides of bread. Place on grill pan to mark the bread.



Place the avocado smash on top of the toasted bread.

Place shrimp on top of avocado smash and serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k